Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Another week...

It's Tuesday, 12:44pm. In half an hour I have to leave for my first class of week 3. Yeah, week 3 already. I'm getting seriously behind on readings. Week 3 is the time when I either have to catch up or just be hopelessly behind for the rest of the term. Because really, after week 3 it's too late to catch up from the beginning. Every term up to now, I've taken the second option.

This term though I'm taking succession and immigration law and I want to practice in those areas so I should probably do the readings. By the way, I haven't missed any classes yet this term. Week 3 with no classes missed? I'm pretty sure that's a record.

I've pretty much got one foot out the door though (I'm talking about school here), and that makes it fairly hard to do anything. I'm thinking about PLTC, which I'm hopefully doing in May, June, and July. I haven't heard from them yet... but I should know by Febrary 15th which session I made it into.

Have I talked about the PLTC yet? Uh... does anyone care? Ok well it's the Pre Law Training Course. To be a lawyer in BC you have to have a law degree, take the 10-week PLTC course, which includes the BC bar exam, and complete 9 months of articling. So... the degree is almost finished (92 days, 23 hours, and 7 minutes til I finish my last exam). I have my articles set up, which I'm starting in May. The only thing I'm waiting for now is to find out which PLTC session I'm in. There are 3 offered every year: One starts in May, one in September, and one in February. I want May.

The GOOD part is that we get paid for PLTC and articles by our firms - So only a couple more months til I have actual income... wow.... getting paid... I think I remember what that's like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home