Sunday, December 24, 2006

Watch your kids

I was in a bookstore today doing some last minute Christmas shopping, and I saw a sign they had posted in one corner of the store:

Your children are valuable to us. Do not leave them unattended.

What kind of freaky-ass sign is that? Seriously. I get that they don't want anybody kidnapped in their store, but what's up with the wording? It sounds more like a threat to me, like "Don't leave your children unattended because they are valuable to us." In other words, if you don't watch 'em carefully, we'll get 'em.

And why are children so valuable to them? It's a bookstore. I mean, I could understand if it was a chimney cleaning service or an air-duct cleaning service. Children are practically built for that kind of work. But a bookstore? It makes no sense. Maybe their little fingers are good for putting the bindings together or something...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is kinda creepy...

10:24 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

yeah!! really creepy...

11:32 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

weird wording, but I do wish that people would pay more attention to their children in ALL stores, and not ruin my shopping experience with their running around/yelling/touching things/poking me

4:15 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

haha are people still poking you?? you are very unlucky that way.

i was just thinking about children, and i don't think we have any in my neighborhood, except for the lady with the baby (who actually might live in my building because there's a lady with a baby a couple floors below me). but really, i rarely see any children at all around here...

maybe i just don't notice them? there IS an elementary school about 5 blocks from here. hmm...

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home