Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A few things about Halloween...

Halloween really is the most terrifying day of the year for me. But not because of evil spirits floating around in the middle of the night (you can get rid of those with a few well-placed pumpkins and turnips). The terrifying thing about Halloween is that it's the last day of October. That means tomorrow is November 1st, which is exactly 1 month from the last day of classes. I have to admit to a lot less stress this year in general. But I've got a month to finish 2 papers and get almost all my studying done for 1 of my finals.

And yeah, it's completely my fault. Fine. I get that. It happens every year and I always finish everything up. So I'm not worried I won't finish. The scary part is that I know what I'm in for in the next month and 16 days (my last final is December 16th). And it's not good.

The other thing about Halloween is the movie franchise. I know you remember how much I like the movies from my list of favorite things a year ago (almost time for a new one). But I only like Halloween I, II, and H2O. The other ones? To me they don't exist. That includes Halloween III, IV, V, VI and especially Halloween: Resurrection (which really is Halloween VIII).

It's because I, II, and H20 formed their own story without having to see any of the other ones. Which is good, because I didn't like a lot of stuff that happened in the other ones. H20, I thought, provided a good ending to the story. Then in 2002 they made Ressurection and we find out the ending we thought we had in H20 wasn't really what we thought it was. Ridiculous. Also most the movie has Michael Myers stalking people h
e's not even related to. Lame.

But... there's another Halloween movie coming out in time for Halloween 2007 and that one I'm excited about. That's because it's a retelling/prequel of the original story. Yep, it's a bit of both. I don't know how far it goes... if we get to the end of the sequel or just the original (they both happen on the same night)... but I've got a good feeling about it. I just wish it was out for this Hallween.

Anyway here's the pumpkin I carved. I live in an apartment and don't get trick-or-treaters but I carved one anyway. I'm using my old camera to ta
ke the picture because I still don't have my "new" one back yet.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, you scared me, it is only ONE Month away from finals. That's a scary thought. I'm screwed. I'm a bad student, haha. Nice pumpkin!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

I know!! I'm screwed too. I can't WAIT til December 16th!!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home