Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The pop of impending doom...

I was at the gym today doing leg extensions. This week I'm switching from a longer set/less weight based workout to a short set/heavier weight program. So I got through 3 sets of heavy weight leg extentions with no problem and started the 4th set. By that time my legs were tired... and by tired I mean tired. I was straining a lot - especially because I work at a 2/3 tempo (2 seconds up 3 seconds down) so every rep by that point is slow and painful.

So about the 4th rep in on the last set, about halfway up, I was really straining and I felt a pop. At least I think that's the right word. It could be described as a shift... a burst... maybe even a splat. But whatever it was, it happened just below the ribcage on the left side. I have no idea what would pop, shift, burst, or splat in that area... but whatever it was, it was weird.

It felt a bit strange for a few minutes after but then it went away. The problem is... as the hours go by... it's starting to ache. They way I see it, this'll go one of two ways by tomorrow morning:

1. It will get better
2. It will get worse

My money's on 1, but that's mostly because I don't want it to be 2. So we'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home