Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Yeah I know I'm a negligent blogger...

So this is the beginning of fall term week four. I know it's Tuesday, but I don't have class on Mondays so this is really the beginning.

Which is an apt time for a blog posting, because the theme this week is beginnings. As in, beginning to get out of this rut I've been in for the last few weeks, beginning to do some readings, beginning to get back to the gym every day, beginning to work on a few side projects I've got going on, etc.

Maybe even beginning to become a regular blogger again. I was looking back over the last year in terms of the ol' blog, and I have to say I'm a huge slacker now compared to the first 9 months. But I'm not making any blog-related promises because I don't keep them and the unkept promise is then here for all to see. So no blog promises. I should post the California pictures at some point though...

So what is a rut? I looked at Merriam-Webster online and got a few definitions:

1. An annually recurrent state of sexual excitement in the male deer.
2. a) A track worn by a wheel or by habitual passage. b) A groove in which something runs.
3. A usual or fixed practice; especially : A monotonous routine.

The first two aren't really what I was thinking of. The third one would be closer. I don't think I dealt with the transition between summer ending and classes starting that well, so I took a bit of a mental vacation. Meaning... I haven't got a lot done and there's been a recurrence of some past resolved issues. Ok but now I'm dealing with it. In fact it's pretty much dealt with. Starting today. Ok actually it started yesterday. So this is day 2.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Maybe it's the weather.. maybe it's the year 2006... but I know exactly what you mean about being in a rut.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

Yeah it's nuts!! Whatever it is it stopped me from doing anything useful since about September 5th.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home