Friday, July 28, 2006

Random Pictures...

Taken in the last couple weeks...


Between the Burrard and Granville Street Bridge looking at the west end and Yaletown


Same thing, but only the Burrard bridge in this one... it was a lot brighter outside than it looks. And it was really hot...

Vanier park about 3 seconds after sunset. I had another one 3 seconds before sunset, but it wasn't good.


Another post sunset pic from Vanier Park...


Aaaaaaaand more Vanier Park.....


A church... St. Augustine's I think... I can't remember exactly where, but it was around Maple and 6th.


I had to go to Ashcroft a few weeks ago... This is it, the whole town.


I have relatives there, and this is the view from the back of their house.


On the way home we saw this lake, which I think might be Logan Lake. I don't know WHAT was up with it, but as you can see, something is clearly wrong here.


There was also steam or something coming off parts of it...


These pics aren't in any kind of order. A few weeks ago I helped out with a tea ceremony... so this is the ceremony.


Playland... I don't remember what day is was, but definitely early July.


As you can see, it wasn't busy at all. Well... this was in the morning. It got a lot busier in the afternoon...


Standard amusement park midway type things...


The Hellevator... I don't know what happened to this picture. Anyway I was on this ride about a million times... ok maybe not quite a million, but lots.


The Drop Zone. We paid extra to go on this one. There are people in this picture, but you can barely see them. They're suspended on a line that is attached to the front A-Frame part and pulled back by another line attached to the back pole. I hope that made sense. Anyway if you look at the back pole (which looks like it's in the middle), they're towards the top.


So here they are a couple of seconds later... when the back line releases they fall and swing forward like a pendulum.. this ride was great, but not as good as the Revelation. I've got a video of that I can post later...


And this ride... what's it called? I can't remember.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

FYI - That photo is not Logan Lake. Don't know where it is, but it's not Logan Lake.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

I know where it is, but apparently I have no idea what it's called. It's between Ashcroft and Merritt - there's an old mine up there somewhere so maybe that has something to do with it? The mystery deepens...

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home