Sunday, June 25, 2006

I hate birds

I do. I hate 'em. Why? It's a long story, and it all started last week when I got a car and a job. Here's the short version:

The Job: I got a call from the museum I've worked at for the past few summers and they asked me to come back. Which is GREAT because I was starting to need something to do, and the money doesn't hurt either. It's not a law related job, but I'm going to have a lot of law related jobs starting next year and this gives me one more chance to use my history degree. Kind of. Even though I'm not really using it in my actual work, museums are all about history. So that's indirect use of my history degree I think.

The Car: I sold my truck two years ago, which was the summer before I started law school. The plan was to wait til I was finished school and then buy another car. But I couldn't wait that long. I've lived without one for 2 years, and I can't do it anymore. It's actually not bad living without a car in Vancouver, but it seems like I have to leave the city for something every week, and that's when not having a car sucks. So I got a new Mazda 3, and I haven't taken any pictures of it yet but it looks exactly like this, except it's red:



So now I've got a car and a job. Ok back to the birds... I hate them because I park my car at the museum, and they literally bomb the crap out of it. I'm not totally sure why they do it, but they're the same museum birds that tried to kill me last summer. Ok I don't know if they were actually trying to kill me, but they started swooping at me one day in a Hitchcockesque kind of way. And now they're dive bombing my car.

Seriously. I parked it at the museum Wednesday without a speck of dirt on it. When I came out at lunch it was covered. Covered, as in about ten big splatters that looked like some of those birds had explosive diarrhea. I had to take it through the car wash after work and pay eight bucks to get it all cleaned up. It hasn't been that bad since, but this afternoon they'd been at it again.

I'm parking behind the building from now on. This means war.

4 Comments:

Blogger TheAbbates said...

Sweet car! Whoops, keep forgetting, I'm not 16 and shouldn't use those teenage expressions anymore. Actually if I was 16 I guess I would be saying "sick car!" Anyway, cool car. You'll have to come out to Mission to show us and take me for a ride!!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Lawyerlike said...

As a fellow Mazda 3er, I say congratulations. You've also probably discovered the most emasculating car horn on the planet as well.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

yeah I'm going to be out in Mission next weekend probably so I'll give you a call when I'm out there. Heh sweet... I always say that! Yeah I think it's "sick" now... but there might be a newer one. Not sure :0)

10:59 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

ryan you have a mazda 3 too? Heh funny you should say that about the emasculating nature of the car because i came *this* close to buying a purple cavalier before i got the mazda. that had emasculating written ALL over it. i already had a mantra picked out: "i'm man enough to drive a purple cavalier. i'm man enough to drive a purple cavalier. i'm man enough to drive a purple cavalier." after that close call, the mazda felt pretty manly. i have to admit though, it's a way different feeling than driving a truck...

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home