Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday!

It's Thursday and you know what that means -

The Office
My Name is Earl
Survivor
Grey's Anatomy
ER

That's a lot of TV in one night, but you have to expect a lot of TV on Thursdays. It most definitely doesn't leave any room for studying, but that's ok because this is my official night off. I do have unofficial nights off, but this is the official one.

The Office: This is my favorite show on TV right now, and I bought seasons 1 and 2 on dvd this past summer. The season 3 opener last Thursday was hilarious, with Oscar telling HR guy Tobe he's gay. Tobe tells Michael, who handles it like he does any other issue: Ineptly. He makes mistake after mistake, and every time he tries to cover for his last mistake things get a little worse.

My Name is Earl: Any Earl episode that has a lot of Joy is going to be funny. So last week's premier, which was all about Joy, was one of the best yet. Even without Joy the show is funny, but she brings it to a whole new level of funniness.

Survivor: I might be over this show. I don't know yet. I don't really see the value in segregating people by race and making them compete, but then again I don't see the value in segregation by sex either. Except maybe for ratings value... Either way, Survivor is starting to seem a little tired. It premiered in the summer of 2000, which is a longggg time ago. Still, I watch... and I have to admit to being entertained by a lot of it.

Grey's Anatomy: One of the things I liked best about this show when it premiered in 2005 was its focus on the way new doctors respond to patients and other hospital-related issues. Yeah we learned about them and their relationships as well, but the best part was watching them adapt to treating patients and the dog-eat-dog world of hospital politics. At the time I thought ER was putting way too much emphasis on the personal relationships and too little emphasis on ER type situations. Last week's premier make me worry about Grey's Anatomy. Dramatic flashbacks. Izzie in her prom dress. George and Dr. Sheppard locked in a room discussing life and love. Blech... The one good storyline was the baby in a dumpster. I want more like that.

ER: I don't love ER, but I think it's pretty ok. It's something to do at 10pm, which is too late to start studying and too early to go to bed. I like the characters and most the storylines. I don't really have anything else to say about it...

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I can't wait for Pam & Jim to get together. Oh, except Jim told Michael, so that should be uncomfortable on next week's episode.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

the office is definitely my favorite show on tv now. but i don't want pam and jim to get together! it's the tension that's good... if they get together they'll just be another boring old couple...

in fact i don't want anybody to get together. ever.

11:12 AM  
Blogger MAnderson said...

the only people i want to get together are veronica and the new character on season 3, piz. veronica mars rules. but i agree - i don't want jim andpam together. that's too.....easy. pam and dwight? maybe....just for a fun epi or two.....

or michael and angela....hmmmmm....

or dwight and oscar....but that's IT!

no one else...EVER...can get together.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

Okay I’ll make exceptions for the following couples provided they’re not together for more than 4 episodes:

1. dwight and pam
2. angela and phylis
3. ryan and that warehouse woman
4. dwight and john locke from lost
5. jim and joy from my name is earl

But only those couples. Unless I hear some other good ones.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Jim and Rachel from Friends (they are both just so nice)
Dwight and Peg Bundy from Married With Children (he would finally get some)
Angela and Grisson from CSI (they would never touch each other because they are so uptight)
Ryan's girlfriend (can't remember her name) and The Quiet Girl from that Seinfeld episode where Jerry ends up having to wear the puffy shirt. One is so loud and talks all the time, and the other you can't even hear!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home