Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It was 3

When I was talking about that pain in my side yesterday I left out an important possibility: That it would stay the same. So I have to revise the list of possibilities:

1. It will get worse
2. It will get better
3. It will stay the same

And it was 3. I woke up this morning and there was no change. So I went to the gym and there were no problems with that. I still don't know what it is, but I think I'm probably going to live. It still hurts when I stretch, but no big deal.

So today is Wednesday, the most evil day of the week. By far. I only have 3 classes but they're spread out from 9am to 9pm. After Wednesdays done it usually feels like the week's getting close to being done. 2 classes Thursdays, 1 class Friday (that ends at 10:20am), then nothing til Tuesday morning.

As much as I want to finish school and start working, I know I'll miss that a lot. So I'm trying to appreciate it... and speaking of finishing school, it's been a long time since I've done the countdown - so here's where we're at:

189 days, 23 hours, and 58 minutes!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lawyerlike said...

Regarding your injury, just ask yourself, what would the cast of Grey's Anatomy do?

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey darren. it's chelci...you know Barbs daughter from Mission!! haha. I found your blog off of Mona's computer, lol. you should post more!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Simeon said...

Darren...it's either your rib or a tendon. If it's your rib, then it's been subluxated (slightly displaced, often accompanied by a cavitation due to the release of stored nitrogen from the rib joint). If it's the tendon, then you likely tore it. This won't be excruciatingly painful, but will hurt until it heals. If the pain is worse with breathing, it's the rib. Perspective: I'm sure the ladies consider you hot enough. Feel free to cool down on the weights.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

haha ok ryan here's what they'd do:

meredith would go for physical therapy. she would sleep with the therapist and then have to choose between him and what's his name.

cristina would work through the pain and completely ignore it.

izzie would put on her favorite gym outfit and collapse on the floor in a pile of tears. she would be inconsolable.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

HEY CHELCI good to hear from you!!!! haha i always say i'm going to post more but i never do. but i'll say it again: i promise to post more. check back in a week for at LEAST 3 new postings :)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

essien thanks for the advice! it's feeling a lot better. i just finished my program yesterday and i'm onto something else for 4 weeks so it won't be aggravated. heh and thanks for the perspective but i'm not doing it for the ladies :)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home