Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Sports law no more....

I'm 29 minutes into my last sports law class, and I'm in the interesting position of having absolutely no reason to be here. This course is graded about 35 percent on a class presentation, which I've already done, and 65 percent for the term paper, which I've already written. So.... why am I here? I don't really know... I should be working on my Charter paper. I agreed to send the first page to the prof tomorrow, which of course I haven't written yet, so I'm going to need to do that at some point.

I have three papers this term. That's a lot, considering law school classes are usually graded 100 percent on a final exam. It sucks right now but it'll all pay off pretty soon because I've only got two finals... IP on the 9th and taxation on the 21st... and by the 12th all my papers will be done. Okay well that's definately enough law school talk for now. I'm starting to bore even myself here so I should find something exciting to talk about before I alienate my faithful reader (hi thanks for reading!). So no more law school talk in this post. Um... except for this:

Somebody here in Vancouver, who for now will remain nameless, has set up a list of blogs written by law students accross the country. I should mention that this person works for a law firm. I would not want to be on such a list. The idea of a list that employers can use to find blogs seems a bit... unhappy. If they find me on their own then whatever... but I don't want to make it any easier for them than I have to. So if you're the aforementioned person and are reading this because you're about to add me to the aforementioned list, please don't. Thanks. I promise I won't add you to my list of... um... something. Happily, after Googling myself I'm satisfied that, to date, there is nothing incriminating out there... heh well aside from this I mean. And this isn't that bad...

If you aren't currently making a list of law student blogs and want to blogroll me or add me in some other way then please do... I need all the readers I can get.

I ordered the best of Friends of Distinction from Amazon the other day. I don't really know why. I was working on a paper and listening to one of the iTunes radio stations and one of their songs came on. Does anybody out there remember then? They were the artists responsible for such hits as Grazin in the Grass and Crazy Mary. The only word I can use to describe them is groovy. Check it out:


For an example of their coolness consider these lyrics: "Grazin in the grass is a gas baby can you dig it." Seriously, that says it all. If the cartoon picture doesn't do it for you here's a real one:

I think people should have to dress like that. It shouldn't even be optional. When I'm on the Supreme Court of Canada I'm going to somehow find that it's unconstitutional for the government to allow people not to dress like that. I'll let you know when I figure out exactly how that argument would work. Stay tuned.

And speaking of staying tuned.... stay tuned for the first installment of Half Nekkid Thursday coming up right here in about 48 hours. You can read about it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home