Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Amazing Race sucks amazingly bad... is that good English?

Feeling a little nostalgic tonight. How nostalgic? Elvis nostalgic. Yeah, that's right, Elvis nostalgic. But I'm not talking any old Elvis music. Two songs: Suspicious minds and Moody Blues. I don't know why these songs make me nostalgic... maybe because Moody Blues came out in 1977 and I was three years old.... just old enough to have it etched onto my psyche, triggering distant feelings of recognition and familiarity whenever I hear it coming out of the speakers in Wal Mart or whatever department store I happen to be in. My mom... big Elvis fan... probably played it a million times. And Suspicious Minds.... I don't know what year it came out but it has the same effect. Hmm... this gives me an idea.... a list of songs that make me nostalgic. It can't be 75 or 76 songs though... that would be bedlam. Let's say top 20... yeah... let's say that. Stay tuned.

So I watched the Amazing Race tonight. And I'm not gonna lie to ya... this season sucks. It sucks bad. The family edition was a bad idea of colossal proportions and I think it's time for everyone to admit that. I mean, what were they thinking? They shouldn't have messed with it. The one and only good thing that can come from this will be if they learn that lesson. Don't screw with something that works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, etc. etc. Anyway the award.... no.... the two awards for most annoying teams go to the Paolo and Weaver families. The Weaver family prays too much. I just don't want to hear them asking Jesus for a bucketload of cash every time some kind of obstacle gets in their way. But the real evil out there are those devil spawn Paolo kids. Seriously, the way they talk to their mother is pure black hearted maggoty filth. Last week one of the other players turned around and told them to respect their mother and that may have been the best moment of the show this whole season. But enough about that...

It's November already and I have a crazy amount of work to do. But I have to admit, I'm feeling good. In three weeks I'll have two of my papers done. Yep, that's a mighty bold little claim to be making here in a somewhat public forum (um... it is somewhat public right? I think I have one confirmed reader now), but you watch, it's gonna happen. Three weeks. Okay well actually three weeks and a couple days. Let's say the 23rd.

And since I told Darren about the list of things I like and don't like he's been coming up with things he likes and doesn't like. He keeps telling me to post them and I keep telling him to get his own blog. But tonight I broke down and said I'd post two things that he likes. So here they are:

1. Student teachers. Apparently they are making his life easier...
2. Grade 9 "take your kid to work" day. This means he doesn't have to teach his grade 9 class tomorrow because they've all gone to work with their parents. Interesting concept... too bad they didn't have that when I was in high school. Actually... my dad was a school principal so it would have been kinda lame getting out of one school only to end up in another school. I guess I could have gone to work with my mom though.

Alright it's late and I have to get to bed... later y'all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home