Friday, October 21, 2005

Seven weeks down... six to go

So. Six weeks left. That's somewhat alarming. I'm not saying I've left everything until the end, but I think I've left almost everything until the end. This is what I've got in order of dueness:

1. Sports law handout preperation
2. Negotiation case analysis
3. Negotiation class presentation
4. Sports law class presentation
5. Sports law term paper
6. Negotiation term paper
7. Charter term paper
8. IP final
9. Taxation final

Nine things. One through four will be finished by November 1st. Five, six, and seven are by far the most time consuming and they will have to be finished entirely within the month of November. The IP final will be brutal because I haven't done a lot of the reading for that class. The good news is that it's on December 9th, which is the end of the first week of exam period. I've got a whole week with nothing to do but study for that one final. Taxation will be okay. I've kept up with the readings and the final isn't until December 21st, which is the last day of exam period. So that means that I have from December 9 to December 21st to study. Granted, the taxation final will be pretty hard, but with that amount of prep time i should be okay. Right? Um... rigtht? Anyway, November's going to suck pretty bad.

I think I've finally figured out my wireless problems and it only took me a year and a month. A couple weeks ago I tried repairing the network bridge when I couldn't get online and... it worked. I haven't had a problem since... when I can't get online I just do the same repair and everything's fine. I didn't know if I should blog about this for fear of attracting my computer's attention to the fix. I mean... obviously it knows I'm not having wireless problems anymore but if it sees how happy I am about it then it might try to disable the damn bridge. But computer, if you don't wreck this for me I promise that I won't throw you against a wall or out a window for at least the foreseeable future. Seriously though, it's not that I'm paranoid. I'm just a little paranoid that my computer's out to get me.

And I promised to post a wedding picture, so...

Here it is. Left to right: My mom, my brother Steve, my new sister in law Lea, my grandma, and my dad. The wedding wasn't actually in Prague but I don't know where it was and Prague was the closest big city. So let's just say Prague. And it looks like double congratulations are in order because Lea is going to have a baby in about six months. She's about twelve weeks along. I've been doing the math in my head and it seems like something doesn't add up right but I've never been that great at counting backwards in my head so I'm probably just doing the math wrong. But seriously, congratulations are in order and here's hoping for a happy marriage and pregnancy. And Steve is happy that another little conservative voice will be added to the world. All I can say to that is kids don't always think what their parents want them to. With any luck they think what their uncle Darren wants them to. But living 4,725 miles away I guess that's not a likely prospect.

Last weekend I spent a couple nights with my good friend Ali. We've been friends since we were teenagers (which really wasn't that long ago right??). Ali is staying out in Maple Ridge right now getting ready to go to Mexico for a couple months with her daughter Gen. We ate some really good fattening pizza and stayed up till 4am talking about pretty much everything. And I brought the camera...

Here's Ali and Gen having a crazy little dance party in the living room. I might have been involved in that crazy little dance party a little bit.

Gen's the best picture taker ever and she took this shot of Ali and I. Okay It might not be the best picture of me but at least Ali looks nice.

This picture cracks me up. I look like Ms. Swan from Mad TV.... "yeah I tell you every-ting!" It's too ridiculous to use for anything but at least I can post it here...

Anyway Gen was such a good picture taker that I got her to follow me around on Sunday morning and take pictures of me. She took about 85. I'm always the one taking the pictures so I end up with no pictures of myself... every so often I get someone to take a bunch all at once. I delete most of them, keep a couple good ones, and then I don't have to worry about not being in any pictures for a while.

Alright, well I'm in IP and I should get back to listening. Or start listening. There's a list of 76 things I like coming... I'll probably have it up on Sunday but right now it's hard to say. Time will tell...

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home