Friday, October 14, 2005

Six weeks down... seven to go

We're finally finished the patents component in intellectual property and now we're on copyright. Copyright law is a little more interesting so far. But it's still the first lecture so there's plenty of time for it to get nice and boring. What is really exciting is taxation, but we didn't have taxation this week because... well... I'm not sure why, but we didn't have it.

I don't have a lot to say about my classes this week. I'm trying to keep up with the readings in my two exam courses (IP and taxation) and I'm attempting to start my research on the three courses that I have to produce papers for (charter, sports, and negotiation). Note the language I'm using here: trying, attempting... I'll keep ya posted. I have a sports law presentation coming up in two weeks, and a negotiation case study with a short class presentation to follow. All pretty minor, and when they're done I can start on the final projects...

My brother Steve got married today. I couldn't be there because the wedding was in Prague and I couldn't get away from school for that long. So happy wedding Steve and Lea. Congratulations and good luck. I'll come over to Britain and bring you a wedding present when school is finished next summer. By then my non drinking in 2005 new years' resolution (commonly known as Dry '05) will be over too so maybe we can celebrate with a couple drinks. But no beer for me. I've decided that if I ever do drink again, I'm not going to drink beer. I'm not sure why but it seems like the right thing to do. Anyway I'll post a wedding picture when I have one...

In other news, I'm making a list. It's not a happy list. It's a list of 75 things that drive me crazy. Because the list will have a decidedly negative tone, and I find balance to be important, the hate list will be followed by a happy list. Predictably, the happy list will contain things that make me happy, and there will be 76 of them. Why 76? Because then there will be slightly more positivity than negativity and that's a good thing. Stay tuned.

Finally, it's been a while since I've talked about TV and I have a few things to say. First, the Amazing Race Family Edition pretty much blows. Or sucks. Take your pick. There are too many people to keep track of, the roadblocks are watered down, and they haven't even left the country. One word: boring. Also, I'm tired of seeing religious family types pray to the powers above for help winning the challenges. Seriously. "Dear Jesus, I know people are dying all over and there's war and evil and disease everywhere, but please help me win this challenge so I can get a ton of beautiful money. I promise I'll give you some. Amen." Yeah, amen.

And then there's Survivor. This used to be my favorite reality show, but these days there seems to be a Survivor malaise setting in. It's all the same... the players are starting to look the same, the challenges are the same, the complaining is the same... It's taking me longer and longer to get to know the players because I can't seem to pay attention.... and then they mix up the tribes so I'm completely lost. Survivor isn't a bad show, but it needs something...

Lost: I'm starting to worry about Lost. It was so good.... now where's it going? Please, someone, tell me where it's going. Because sometimes it seems like they're making it up as they go. House: love it. Grey's Anatomy: love it. Apprentice Donald: love it. Apprentice Martha: it's okay. I know, I know, it's fashionable to hate Apprentice Martha Stewart but I really don't mind it. She's more tolerable than I thought she'd be, but I do have to say that her meeting room and reception area are a little bland.

Well that's about it... time to clean the bathroom...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home