Thursday, October 27, 2005

The freeway of pain...

Just when I think I have nothing to complain about, opportunity presents itself. I had taxation till 9 last night and then drove out to Abbotsford to spend the night. At that time of day the drive should only take a little over an hour and for the most part it was good. But then it happened. Just passed the Aldergrove 264th exit, which is only 15 minutes from my parents' place, traffic came to a stop. Construction. Stupid, annoying, horrible, irritating construction. I sat there, on the freeway, 15 minutes from my destination, for one hour. Finally I saw one of those little gravel connector things between the westbound and eastbound lanes so I turned around. As I drove back towards the 264 exit I wondered how far I had come in that hour so I timed it: It look one minute and 30 seconds to get back to the exit. Luckily I know the backroads. It was a little out of the way but I was able to make it to Abbotsford in 20 minutes. When I got there I went through the drive thru because doing anything besides eating and going to sleep was out of the question. The lady told me that a girl who'd just come through said she'd been stuck on the freeway for an hour and a half. So it was good I escaped when I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home