Thursday, April 26, 2007

5 Down: Administrative Law

What would make this class easier: I don't even know where to start. More legislation? More guidance from the Supreme Court? What would really make this class easier is if they abolished all tribunal and boards and made everybody go to court for everything. The justice system would collapse, but this class would be a lot easier.

The exam: 4 questions - we had to pick three of 'em - 3 hour exam

Worth: 100% of the final grade.

I don't get that stressed about exams. I hate all the studying, but I'm pretty relaxed when I'm doing it and I'm not really nervous on test day. Admin was a massive exception. Last night around midnight I become convinced that I couldn't pass this test. Really, really convinced. Happily after thinking that the next few pages of what I was reading cleared a lot of things up and I got over it. But I have to admit, I had some serious concerns. And this morning when they were passing out the exams, I was nervous.

And now that I've seen the exam, it's clear that the nervousness and self-doubt was completely justified. Question 1? Insanity. Some people I know looked at question 1 and decided to do it last after they'd built up their confidence. Not me: I jumped right into it. And 45 minutes into the exam I became convinced that what I was writing about had nothing to do with the question. Not a good feeling, but by the end of the question the panic had been replaced with a general feeling of incompetence, so I'd call that an inprovement. The next two questions were a lot better; I seemed to have a better idea of what I was talking about. At least I thought so.

Overall? Tough to say. Definitely in the vicinity of trainwreck, but not complete carnage. I'd call it a derailment at slow speed with some injuries but no fatalities. In other words, it could have been worse.

What I need to say is this: Admin law is the source of all evil.

Next exam: That is IT for law school. As of noon today (ok 12:15 with reading time) I am no longer a law student. And I have no more exams. Unless you count the bar exam at the end of July. But I'll be getting paid for that, so...

Gut feeling: No way - I'm not even thinking about the bar exam yet. That would lead to insanity.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOO good job on finishing school!! Now i just need to start again..1 semester down...6 million more!!

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home