Friday, April 20, 2007

3 Down: Immigration Law

What would make this class easier: If people didn't immigrate to Canada ever.

The exam: 2 questions, 2 hours. One about a family class sponsorship and one about a refugee claim.

Worth: There were options for this class: 3 hour exam worth 100 percent, 2 hour exam worth 66 percent and one assignment, or 1 hour exam worth 33 percent and two assignments. I took the 2 hour exam and did one assignment in February.

They had two rooms: 1 hour and 2 hour exam people in one room, and 3 hour exam people in the other room. After an hour the guy says "ok 1 hour people pens down and clear out quietly for the 2 hour people because they're still writing." So everybody in the room except me gets up to leave.

Basically I sat in a classroom by myself for the last half of the exam. Strange feeling? Yes. But it went pretty well. I'd have to say I think so far I've done the best in immigration. Probably a good thing because I want to practice in that area at some point. Although I want to practice in wills and estates too, and I'm pretty sure I sucked on that one.

Next exam: Professional Responsibility on Wednesday

Gut feeling: No clue. I think it will be ok? It's only a 2 credit course, but there was a crapload of reading to do. Then again, I didn't do it. Hm... I've got a really good CAN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home