Wednesday, April 18, 2007

2 Down: Succession

What would make this class easier: If people didn't die.

The exam: 2 questions that were really really long. The exam was 7 pages long - each question was worth 50 marks.

Worth: 100% of the final grade

Yesterday when I was thinking about today's succession exam, I was pretty confident. I'm glad I didn't know then what I know now. It's not that the exam was that hard in terms of subject matter. It was just... well... hard to finish. Each question was about 3 pages long, and the pages were full of scenarios, developments, etc. in the lives of fictional people who had really screwed up wills. My job? Sort it all out!

I'm fairly confident that if I sorted it out in real life the way I sorted it out on the exam there would be complaints to the Law Society, possible disciplinary action, and massive payouts from my professional liability insurance. Happily, in real life I'd have more than an hour and a half to work on each problem.

I think I probably did okay on the exam. But in law school, you never can tell. I don't think I aced it, but I don't think it was a complete trainwreck either.

Next exam: Immigration on Friday morning.

Gut feeling: I should probably be a lot more worried about this exam than I am. But with the rest of today to study and all day tomorrow, I don't think it'll be that bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home