Sunday, April 08, 2007

The good, the bad, and the ugly...

THE GOOD

A friend of mine was over on Friday night and I was telling him about my dvd player and how great it was because I had had it since 1999 and I'd never had a problem with it. We were watching DVD's at the time. 30 minutes later the DVD player decided to never work again.

So yesterday I went out to Best Buy to get another DVD player. And I was pretty proud of the fact that I didn't blow the budget - although I had been tempted to get a Blu-Ray player, because I figure that's what everybody's going to have in a few years anyway, I went with the economical HDMI player for 99 bucks. The guy said it was the best one they had if you just want to play DVD's, so it all worked out.

But then I bought the tv. 37 inch high definition LCD. And I had to get a high definition cable box, so I went with the PVR (which is really cool so far). Okay so it wasn't a cheap trip. But really, we all know that tv is pretty much all I've got going on in life, so I should have a nice one right?

And with a no interest payment plan, it's not going to be that bad....


THE BAD

I can't find my stupid phone. I think I might have lost it, which is ridiculous because I just got it. I really don't want to buy a new one. Like, I really, really don't. If I have to, I'm not going to do anything dramatic like set myself on fire (as I almost did yesterday when the Maple Leafs beat Montreal, thereby securing themselves a place in the playoffs), but I'm really not going to be happy about it. Actually that's not true about the playoffs. They're not in. But I thought they were. So I almost set myself on fire for nothing...

Aaaaaand I told my grandma I'd call her today to check up on her (because my parents are in England), so I'm looking like the negligent grandson at this point too.

Hey maybe it's in the car.... hmm


THE UGLY

Finals. I need to study a lot. And by a lot, I mean a lot. From now on I'm going to post a study update every day. Usually I don't make blog promises, because I never keep them, but I think this trainwreck needs to be documented.

Stay tuned....

3 Comments:

Blogger Cappy said...

As a Leafs fan, I'm glade you didnt set yourself on fire when they won-- because then you'd set yourself on fire a lot.

Besides looking forward to the trainwreck- good luck with exams!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, it didnt set them in the playoffs. Thank god for the New York Islanders. Who take Toronto's spot!!! boo Leafs.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

chelci you just made my day - what happened there?? i thought the winner of yesterdays game was going forward!

hey also i was just reading old blog entries and i noticed at one point you said your mom said hi - i don't remember seeing that before, but can you say hi back for me?? i saw her just before christmas and i'd really like to hang out with her again one of these days

haha and what?? a leaf's fan is reading my blog? well, i need all the readers i can get, so i GUESS i'll let it slide ;)

thanks for the good luck wishes... i'm going to need a lot of luck

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home