Thursday, February 15, 2007

Moving

I found a new place - about 5 blocks from where I am now, and I'll be moving at some point between the 25th and the 28th. Probably the 26th. I'm pretty happy with the new place. It's a different shape than the place I have now, but that's okay.

GOOD THINGS

Balcony - It's big enough for a table, chairs, and a hibachi. I don't have a balcony now, so this is good...

Top floor - So no noise from noisy people upstairs. Also it's a real building (now I live in an old house that was converted into apartments) so the walls are thicker.

Newer building - Better appliances. Better cabinets.

More storage space: My apartment now isn't that bad for storage space, but this has more.

Bigger bathroom - The bathroom I have now is really small. Ever wonder why I don't post bathroom pics on the blog? Ok well there are a few reasons, but it's partly because the bathroom is too small to fit a camera in there.

It faces the road - not the alley. This is good for a lot of reasons.

BAD THINGS

Still no dishwasher, in suite washer/dryer, or elevator. I don't have any of things now, so it's not that big a deal...

No parking spot. The apartment is on 12th and it's HARD to get parking. This is the one really bad thing about this place. The manager said he's going to give me the next spot that comes up. In the meantime I'm renting a spot from a building a couple doors down - for 70 bucks a month.

There could be a noise problem because the bedroom window is at the front and 12th avenue is crazy busy. But I sleep with a fan on anyway, so it probably doesn't matter.

So... there are a lot more good things than bad things. I'll take some pictures after I move in.

And BY THE WAY.... check out the new 'last exam' countdown on the sidebar. Nice huh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Simeon said...

Just looked at your Fondu post! Holy @!#%! man...and those ladies are who? I can see why you're a bit off focus with your admin law class. I don't think I'd give a rat's a** about your fondu or the game if I was over that night...

7:41 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

haha trust me when i say the ladies have nothing to do with it!!

and admin law.... i still don't know what i'm going to do about that. i might have to start doing the readings. we'll see...

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home