Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Motivation

People get motivation in a lot of different ways. Take me for example. I sat around for about 10 days not worrying too much about the fact that I didn't have a moving date. I was going to phone the building manager at the new apartment to find out when I could move in, but I kept putting it off.

First I started thinking I should find out because I need to know when to start packing things up. I need to make sure I've got enough time.

That's a good reason to find out, but all it resulted in was a mental note that I should, at some point, make the call and find out.

Then, as the days went by, people started suggesting that if I left it too late, I wouldn't be able to get a moving truck.

Yeah, another good reason. The move would suck without a truck, and it would suck badly. Still, the thought of moving everything in my car and maybe my parents' van did not motivate me to make the call.

Then, lying in bed a couple mornings ago, I had another thought: "If I don't figure this out soon, the cable company might be booked up and my cable/internet won't get hooked up the day I move in."

That's when I panicked.

Everything got done: I get the apartment Sunday at 2pm, I'll have the truck Monday morning, and, happily, the cable/internet is going to be hooked up Monday sometime between noon and 2pm.

Whew.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home