Wednesday, May 03, 2006

No marathon for me...

So, with only four days before the Vancouver BMO Marathon, I've decided that I won't be in it. Crappy? Yes. Smart? Probably. I did a 30k run on Saturday and since then my knee has been a bit of a problem. Both knees really hurt on Saturday and Sunday and then Monday and Tuesday they were better, but as I discovered today... walking any sort of distance makes my right knee hurt in a feels-like-someone-hacked-at-it-with-a-piece-of-glass kind of way. Which pretty much sucks but there's still a chance I could do the half marathon Sunday. I didn't spend all this time getting ready for the marathon so I could just sit around and play Ms. Pacman on Sunday morning. But... at the same time... mobility rocks. So I'll make a decision on the half marathon later in the week.

1 Comments:

Blogger MAnderson said...

This is very sad news to me, Darren. More for the fact that I was going to count YOUR marathon run as MY marathon run, and cross that off my list of things to accomplish before I die. But also for your health. Hope things are aaaaaight.
Tit.
m

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home