Sunday, May 07, 2006

Fraser Valley Sunnday

Today we were out in Abbotsford visiting the family and we went for a drive over to Mission. If you don't know the area, Mission is a small town about an hour's drive from Vancouver... It's got about 35,000 people and... because I haven't been there in a while... I thought I'd take some pics...



This is a small part of Hatzic, where I grew up... It's a couple miles east of Mission. I took the picture from the monastery, which is on land my great grandfather used to own about 80 years ago.


Here's a shot of main street...


And another shot of main street...


This is the Mission Museum, where I worked as a summer student in 2003...


Mission has two bridges crossing the Fraser River, which connect Mission to Abbotsford. This one was built in 1973 for cars...


And this one was built a lot earlier for trains. The first bridge on this site was built in the late 1800s and this one was built later...

Ok well that's about it... Tomorrow we're picking up the rental car and heading to the North Shore mountains so I'll be back tomorrow night with some more pics... stay tuned...

1 Comments:

Blogger MAnderson said...

Your great-grandfather used to own monastery land? LUCKY!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home