Tuesday, May 16, 2006

TV Complaints

The one bad thing about summer is the lack of good TV. There are some exceptions, like in the summer of 2000 when the first Survivor was on, but generally summer TV sucks. Maybe it encourages people to get off the couch more while the weather's good though, so that would be a good thing...

But what I really hate is when the networks move their shows around. Like ABC. In September they're moving Grey's Anatomy to Thursday nights at 9. So that puts them in direct competition with My Name Is Earl and The Office, unless NBC moves those shows around, which it probably won't because they're popular shows and Thursday is their big night. Now, I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of TV scheduling, but wouldn't moving Grey's Anatomy to a highly competitive Thursday night spot create a risk that wouldn't be there if they'd just leave it in its highly successful low competition Sunday night spot? Maybe advertisers pay a lot more for Thursday nights than they do for Sunday night spots... I guess that would make sense. But still, it sucks...

And apparently Invasion isn't back on the schedule for fall? This is what I've heard. I started watching that show by complete accident last September, and since the 3rd or 4th episode it's been on my top 3. And now it might not be back? If that's the case they have a lot of tying up to do in the season finale tomorrow.

It's so great that this is all I have to worry about tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home