Saturday, May 24, 2008

Goodbye, Hello

I'm cheating. It's not really May 24, 2008. It's not even close to that date. But... I wanted to wrap this up nice and neat, and the plan was to post my last post on that date.

So let's pretend it's May 24. So much to look forward to. Like summer... unfortunately it's going to rain until mid-July, but still. I'm resisting about three tangents right now. One involves good summer tv shows, another involves what I did last summer... but that's not the point of this post.

The point of this post is to say goodbye and hello, in that order. So we'll start with the goodbye. This blog was an outlet for me while I was in law school and then while I was articling. An outlet that I used sometimes more frequently and sometimes hardly ever (like the past year). Still, it served its purpose and I enjoyed it. That said, it's purpose was limited to chronicling my last years of pre-lawyerness. Those years are officially over today (but not really today), and with that, I say goodbye to this blog as well.

Thanks for reading, if you read.

Now to the hello part. I'm a lawyer who likes to write. Problem is, all the writing I do these days is at the office, and while it is creative in the sense that I'm using words to accomplish specific goals, it's not creative in a personally fulfilling sort of way. So, I'm thinking another blog is in order. Another outlet - but this time a little different. The office can be a stressful place, and there's so much law around all the time. To be a real outlet - and an escape from stress, work, law, etc. - there have to be some blog ground rules. They are:

1. No law talk. Ever.
2. No office talk.
3. Nothing deep.
4. No politics or religion.

So with that covered, check out my new blog


I'm not going to say I'll post more often. I think we all know how that one usually works out. But check it out, and maybe I'll surprise you.
I don't have a good sign off line. I tried to think of something good, but nothing came. How bout....

Later Players! No... that's stupid...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home