Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Summer is coming... and I have nothing to do

Ok, March 15. Three weeks of classes after this week followed by 4 exams spread out over another three weeks after that. All said, the pressure isn't like it was last term, mostly because last term I had 3 papers to write and this term I don't have any. Well... I have one memo but it won't take too long to write. Memos are better than research papers. Less sources... and Lexis makes it a lot easier. So the memo is scheduled for the weekend after next, and aside from that I just have to study for finals and try to go to my classes (which is harder than it sounds).

My last final is on April 27 and after that... well... I really have nothing to do til classes start again in September. An old old old friend is visiting from Italy between April 26 and May 15... aaaaaand that's about it. No summer job to speak of at this point. My plan is pretty much to go to the gym, hang out at the beach if the weather's decent, and do some reading. I might work on restoring a trunk I bought a couple years ago at an estate sale... and I might organize some pictures that I've been trying to scan since 1996.

I do have a nagging feeling that it would be good to make some money.... at least enough so I don't have to put my rent on the line of credit. With that in mind, I thought of some options:

1. Join a band and go on tour
2. Enter contests until I win enough to pay rent
3. Write a best selling novel
4. Pull a "Secret of my Success" type switch and take on a high level executive position for the summer

But if none of those things work out, I'm going to stick with my original plan of doing nothing. It'll be my last chance to do nothing until I retire in the late 30s, which is a long time from now. 2039 to be exact... maybe sooner if I make good money. I did try the contest thing when I had some down time in 1999, but as it turns out, entering all those contests was too much work. But I'm a lot more motivated these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home