Sunday, February 12, 2006

Six weeks down... eight to go.

That title is somewhat misleading... there are really only seven weeks of classes left because there's no school coming up this week. Yep, reading break it be, and reading I shall try and do. Here's this week's low down:

Secured transactions: If I don't catch up on the readings during reading break I'm screwed with a capital S. On day 1 the debtor gives a security interest to secured party 2, who on day 2 assigns it to secured party 1. On day 3 secured party 2 gives it to secured party 4, but meanwhile on day 2.5 debtor 1 sells the goods to debtor 2, who lost them in a bet on day 3.5. On day 5 debtor 3 gives a security interest to secured party 8, on day 6 he gives one to secured party 4, and on day 9 debtor 3 both gives an interest to secured party 5 and then sells the goods to debtor 4.2, who didn't have any notice, for a set of stake knives and a crack pipe, and we find out that secured parties 3, 5, 43 and 8 perfected their interests. Who has priority? Somebody... please... help... me...

Corporations: Okay okay okay... there are shareholders and a board of directors. I get it already...

US Law: This week I found out the first memo is due a week from Monday. 12 to 15 pages. I better get on it. For those people not in law school, a legal memo is where you get a fact scenario and you have to say (1) what the legal issues are, (2) where the law stands on the issues, and (3) the parties' prospects of success. Articling students and new lawyers write a lot of these. Fun...

Civil litigation: I liked civil lit this week, which surprised me a lot. If this continues I fully plan on doing the readings.

Commercial transcations: It's been a week of progress. I now know that this class concerns the Sale of Goods Act.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home